Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sultan on field and slaves at home

It’s been 6 months since I had written my blog. My previous post didn’t receive any comments so I was bit skeptic to continue it. But there was always an inner soul, which urges me to blog on lots of topic. Its high time I start again and shed my feelings through the blogs no matter is there any visitor at all.

The title would relate to most of the married men (also to guys on the deadly trap of love). I have come across many guys whom they call themselves as Sultan in their occupation and actually they are. The fun is these so called sultans are actually slaves at home. I have a very close circle of friends with whom I go for a drink or two on the fag end of the day.

The initial plan would have all the members agreeing to meet up and as the day goes by the numbers start decreasing with each one throwing up different reasons for not joining. Its not that they actually want to skip but because of the orders they get from the emperor at home. Even the brave guys who turn up would have actually told that he is not interested to go but its because of compulsion he is going. There comes another twist, even by mistake you happen to meet those emperors you will be seen as a deadly virus who is killing their kingdom.

Why all these sultans who terrorize the team they handle couldn’t actually convince their emperor at home. Why cant they be the sultan at home too? What stops a man from saying the truth and justify his reason for a drink? Its not just with my gang and but with 90% of the population who drink.
Is there anyone who could tell me the exact reason coz I couldn’t find it from these emperors too? Till the time I get the answers I have to follow the usual stuff of pointing fingers on others. I know my gang would accept that because already I would have been the scapegoat at their home.

6 comments:

sidwho? said...

hmmm ... did you have me in mind when you wrote this piece??
And dont get discouraged by lack of audience in your first blog..you will get one surely!!!
But please dont space your posts 6 months apart:)

Shrikanth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shrikanth said...

I hope the Sultan is not me :))

sidwho? said...

Thats the beauty of te post , mano. Everyone who reads this immediately identifies himself with the subject and launches into a bout of self-introspection:)

Shrikanth said...

But I am of the kind that assumes is not me, not the other way round :))

Unknown said...

HAVE U HAD THE GUTS TO BE A SULTAN AT HOME....I CANT SAY MUCH ON THIS..AND U KNOW Y..BUT SURE I WLL AND WOULD HAVE READ UR POSTS IF I HAD KNOWN