Thursday, October 16, 2008

First Heart Break

Living in the past - year 1995...

I wish I could change my face from tomorrow. I feel so awkward because today is the first time ever a girl said no to my love. Padmapriya is couple of years junior to me. She is in her 10th standard, fair, good looking and have all the attributes of a tamil Brahmin girl.

She is sister of my childhood day’s classmate. I don’t know when I started liking towards her. The entire stuff started because of peer pressure. Most of my classmates have a girl friend and me alone with none made me felt like left out in the gang.

We both use to go for physics tuition to one place. I started observing her from then. One day I decided yeah she is the girl for me. From then I started following her in my moped. One day I started speaking to her and she also responded. How foolish I’m to think that she likes me.

This was going on for 6 months. I decided today I would let her know my feelings. Before meeting her I told to my fellow classmates who encouraged me to go ahead. Couple of them accompanied me till half way. My heart was pumping faster than usual. I did not know how to start the topic. I went straight to her and said I LOVE YOU…

She was damn cool and replied “Sorry, You are like my brother”. Oh god I felt as if someone had hit me so hard on my face. I left that place and straight headed to the hotel where my friends were eagerly waiting. All of them made fun of me hearing what she said.

Sitting in my bedroom now I realize I shouldn’t have told her at all or for that matter to my friends. How come I thought she also loves me? I don’t know how to face her and my classmates tomorrow. I know my looks will not change over night. Hoping there is someone made for me let me go to sleep…

2 comments:

connections said...

awwwww........ hehehe dont worry most of us have been there and done it ... atleast u had the guts to go and tell her there r many who just keep it to themselves and then live the rest of their lives wondering and thinking "Would've , could've ,should've".....

see now u can sleep in peace!!!

sidwho? said...

Manoj,
two reasons that you should not feel bad--
1. Many among us who never get the courage to go upto the girl and propose..
2. When I proposed way back in college 1st year, and had been accepted, i went to regret it A lot. Thankfully, it broke off and I proposed afresh and was accepted again and this time things did work out and I am still married to her :) Second time is always lucky